EPTE (European Primary Teacher Education) - an international study program
EPTE (European Primary Teacher Education) is a one semester study programme (30 ECTS) for primary teacher education students, offered yearly in one of the following cooperating partner institutions:
- Pädagogische Hochschule OÖ
- Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen, the Netherlands
- Escola Superior de Educação do Instituto Politécnico do Porto, Portugal
- Univerzity Konštantína Filozofa v Nitre, Nitra, Slovak Republic
- Univerza v Ljubljani, Pedagoška fakulteta, Ljubljana, Slovenia
The EPTE curriculum strongly supports the idea of democracy and a European identity based on a sense of solidarity and interdependency and promotes the “European dimension in education”.
The “European dimension” is reflected in the structure and content of the programme:
- EPTE-Students study in an internationally mixed student group (3-4 students from each involved partner institution)
- EPTE students experience intensive academic and cultural contrasts
- Each module is taught by a team of internationally mixed experts, each of them applying different teaching approaches according to their educational and cultural backgrounds
The next EPTE program will take place in summer term 2022 at Escola Superior Educaco in Porto, Portugal! Interested students can already apply at their respective institutions. Contact the international offices!
The study programme comprises 6 modules of 5 credits each and covers the following areas:
- Society, Culture and Education
- Plurilingual and Intercultural Education
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Pedagogy and Didactics
School practice, as well as a local language course, complete these five modules, which are composed to one-third of contact hours and to two thirds of students’ self study.
For more information, feel free to contact:
Roswitha Stütz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Or see also:
Stütz, Roswitha: EPTE-Programme: Cross-national Teacher Education. - In: Böhm, Jan/Stütz, Roswitha (Ed.): Vielfalt in der Bildung. Lehrerausbildung und pädagogische Praxis im internationalen Vergleich. (2016), S. 201 - 212