Study abroad

As part of their English studies, students are expected to spend some time in the English-speaking world. There are basically three options:

Students can spend almost an entire academic year abroad, either in the UK or the US, working as a foreign language / teaching assistant. They would be employed by a British or US-American school, teach German as a foreign language, have a regular salary, and immerse in the foreign language and culture for about 10 months. The ideal time for such a stay abroad would be between the Bachelor and the Master programme.

For information on the Foreign Language Assistant programme from the British Council, click here.
For information on the Teaching Assistant programme from the Fulbright Commission, click here.

The PHOÖ offers and organises short stays abroad via the European Erasmus+ programme. For  more details, check out the information for outgoing students provided by the PH's International Office. Such a shorter stay abroad can be organised at any time during your studies, ideally though not within the first 4 semesters. For more information, check ""

Alternatively, you can go on a week-long teaching placement in Cambridge and York, UK, organised by the PHDL. This would be an entirely individual and private endeavour outside your regular study programme. For more details on Cambridge, click here, and for York, click here

Mag. Dr. Thomas Wagner
Mag. Dr. Dr. Harald Spann
University College of Education  
Department of English
Secondary Education
Rooms 343-345 (3rd Floor)
Kaplanhofstrasse 40, 4020 Linz Austria 



News & Aktuelles

Studierende des Bachelorstudiums Primarstufe/Schwerpunkt Inklusive Pädagogik führten im letzten Frühjahr ein erlebnispädagogisches Praxisprojekt in…

Wir bieten im Wintersemester 21/22 wieder Vorträge mit renommierten Persönlichkeiten. Sie finden immer am Dienstagabend ab 18 Uhr statt. Voraussetzung…


Wir bieten umfassende Beratung und Information zu unseren Studienangeboten für das…